- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
Erik Spoelstra offers ‘heated’ response when asked about teams sitting players
- Updated: April 1, 2019
The Miami Heat don’t like to play games.
When Heat head coach Erik Spolestra was asked about his thoughts on opposing teams resting players, he was reportedly irate.
Erik Spoelstra offers heated response when asked about teams sitting players vs. teams in playoff race. Says it is “irrelevant.”
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) April 1, 2019
Although the culture of the NBA has shifted in recent years to tanking for high draft picks versus continual competing, the Heat have never shifted their view. In fact, the Heat have never intentionally tanked or gave up on a season in the middle of the year.
The amazing attitude has led the team to salvage disgusting seasons and turn them into fun, competitive games for fans to watch. Furthermore, the franchise’s commitment to winning and culture have resulted in three championships in the last 15 years.
Perhaps the main reason Spoelstra is upset other teams are contemplating sitting players against playoff teams is because the Heat are in the middle of a hot playoff race. The Heat are in the eighth final spot and could fall out with a loss.
The Heat take on the Boston Celtics Tuesday night in Miami.