- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
- Erik Spoelstra vows to play Udonis Haslem before season ends: ‘I’m going to make it happen’
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler for Tuesday’s game vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Udonis Haslem balks at thought of Kevin Garnett being as ‘tough’ as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Udonis Haslem issues strong statement on Miami Heat trying to avoid ‘silly’ play-in tournament
- Jimmy Butler calls reporter ‘sorry a-s’ for asking if Miami Heat are worried about tough remainder of schedule
- Jimmy Butler admits he’s ‘praying and hoping’ that Miami Heat are going to play their best basketball at right time
- Bam Adebayo claims he deserves DPOY consideration: ‘I float under the radar because I’m not a big name in this NBA’
- Jimmy Butler gets game ball for making NBA history after Miami Heat beat Charlotte Hornets
Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Updated: February 24, 2020
On Monday, Dwyane Wade took to social media to celebrate the memory of Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna.
Since the elder Bryant’s passing last month, countless NBA stars and fans alike have come forward to express their deep love for the Los Angeles Lakers great.
The timing of Wade’s post goes to show just how important the five-time NBA champion was to him.
Over the weekend, Wade was celebrated by the Miami Heat organization. He not only had his jersey named after him, but also learned that Feb. 22 would be known as Dwyane Wade Day in Florida’s Miami-Dade County.
Despite all the celebration, Wade felt compelled to publish a simple and sweet post of the elder Bryant and his daughter. Of course, the two lost their lives in a tragic helicopter crash just over a month ago.
While hundreds of current and former NBA stars took to social media shortly after the news broke to express their sorrow, Wade’s reaction was certainly one of the most raw. He openly shed tears in a video that he published in social media expressing his disbelief.
“It seems like a bad dream that you just want to wake up from,” he said. “It’s a nightmare.”
Surely, Wade will continue to honor their lives as he continues to explore his life away from the court.