- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Updated: February 24, 2020
On Monday, Dwyane Wade took to social media to celebrate the memory of Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna.
Since the elder Bryant’s passing last month, countless NBA stars and fans alike have come forward to express their deep love for the Los Angeles Lakers great.
The timing of Wade’s post goes to show just how important the five-time NBA champion was to him.
Over the weekend, Wade was celebrated by the Miami Heat organization. He not only had his jersey named after him, but also learned that Feb. 22 would be known as Dwyane Wade Day in Florida’s Miami-Dade County.
Despite all the celebration, Wade felt compelled to publish a simple and sweet post of the elder Bryant and his daughter. Of course, the two lost their lives in a tragic helicopter crash just over a month ago.
While hundreds of current and former NBA stars took to social media shortly after the news broke to express their sorrow, Wade’s reaction was certainly one of the most raw. He openly shed tears in a video that he published in social media expressing his disbelief.
“It seems like a bad dream that you just want to wake up from,” he said. “It’s a nightmare.”
Surely, Wade will continue to honor their lives as he continues to explore his life away from the court.