- Jimmy Butler on Sacrificing for His Family: ‘I’m Going to Bring Them a Championship’
- What Erik Spoelstra Said to Bam Adebayo to Get Him Going Defensively in 2nd Half
- Report: Celtics Imploding in Locker Room as Players Cuss Each Other Out and Throw Things
- Miami Heat Superstar Jimmy Butler’s Immediate Reaction to Going Up 2-0 on Boston Celtics
- Bradley Beal’s Fiancée Favors Him to Miami Heat After All-NBA Snub
- Report: Boston Celtics Guard Doubtful to Return After Suffering Injury in Game 2
- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Game 2 Live Stream: Watch NBA Playoffs Online and on TV
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Files 3 Trademarks for His Big Face Coffee Business
- Report: NBA Executive Says ‘Everyone Is Looking for the Next’ Bam Adebayo in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Rivals Were ‘Chuckling’ and Had ‘Genuine Concern’ for Miami Heat During 2017-18 Season
Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Updated: February 24, 2020
On Monday, Dwyane Wade took to social media to celebrate the memory of Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna.
Since the elder Bryant’s passing last month, countless NBA stars and fans alike have come forward to express their deep love for the Los Angeles Lakers great.
The timing of Wade’s post goes to show just how important the five-time NBA champion was to him.
Over the weekend, Wade was celebrated by the Miami Heat organization. He not only had his jersey named after him, but also learned that Feb. 22 would be known as Dwyane Wade Day in Florida’s Miami-Dade County.
Despite all the celebration, Wade felt compelled to publish a simple and sweet post of the elder Bryant and his daughter. Of course, the two lost their lives in a tragic helicopter crash just over a month ago.
While hundreds of current and former NBA stars took to social media shortly after the news broke to express their sorrow, Wade’s reaction was certainly one of the most raw. He openly shed tears in a video that he published in social media expressing his disbelief.
“It seems like a bad dream that you just want to wake up from,” he said. “It’s a nightmare.”
Surely, Wade will continue to honor their lives as he continues to explore his life away from the court.