- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Video: Dwyane Wade in Tears as He Mourns Kobe Bryant’s Tragic Passing
- Updated: January 26, 2020
It seems like everyone across the world is in total shock following the tragic death of Los Angeles Lakers great Kobe Bryant in a helicopter crash.
? DWade on Kobe: pic.twitter.com/wnPiHrcpz1
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) January 27, 2020
Wade’s and Bryant’s careers overlapped by 13 seasons, and the two had some fierce battles on the basketball court. There was sometimes a little tension between the two, as they shared plenty of similarities, including a tendency to rise to the occasion in crunch time.
Most memorably, Bryant banked in a game-winning 3-pointer over Wade during a regular-season contest during the 2009-10 season.
The two superstar guards did, however, share a special moment together as teammates. They both played on the so-called “Redeem Team,” the 2008 Olympic basketball team that reclaimed the gold medal for the United States.
Also on Sunday, Heat team president Pat Riley tweeted some words of sympathy and support for Bryant and his family.
It has been confirmed that in addition to the Lakers great, one of his daughters, Gianna, was in the helicopter at the time and passed away.