- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Derrick Jones Jr. on Miami Heat: ‘I Never Want to Be on Another Team, I Love It Here’
- Updated: July 14, 2020
Since then, he’s developed into a solid role player for the Heat, receiving more and more playing time each season and earning the trust of the coaching staff.
The Heat are likely to retain him this offseason, and the 23-year-old has now said that he doesn’t want to be on another team.
DJJ: "I never want to be on another team. I love it here."
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) July 14, 2020
Back in April, the high-flying forward stated that he wanted to spend the rest of his career in Miami and he has now reiterated that.
Statements like these show the type of team culture, one that is highly regarded around the league, that the Heat organization has created over the years.
Throughout his time with the Heat, Jones Jr. has averaged 7.4 points and 3.9 rebounds per game.
This season has been the best of his career as he is averaging 8.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 24.5 minutes per game.
Jones Jr.’s contract expires after this season and he will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.