- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
Derrick Jones Jr. on Miami Heat: ‘I Never Want to Be on Another Team, I Love It Here’
- Updated: July 14, 2020
Since then, he’s developed into a solid role player for the Heat, receiving more and more playing time each season and earning the trust of the coaching staff.
The Heat are likely to retain him this offseason, and the 23-year-old has now said that he doesn’t want to be on another team.
DJJ: "I never want to be on another team. I love it here."
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) July 14, 2020
Back in April, the high-flying forward stated that he wanted to spend the rest of his career in Miami and he has now reiterated that.
Statements like these show the type of team culture, one that is highly regarded around the league, that the Heat organization has created over the years.
Throughout his time with the Heat, Jones Jr. has averaged 7.4 points and 3.9 rebounds per game.
This season has been the best of his career as he is averaging 8.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 24.5 minutes per game.
Jones Jr.’s contract expires after this season and he will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.