- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Bam Adebayo Recruiting Bradley Beal to Miami Heat via Social Media
- Updated: July 13, 2019
One potential target could be Bradley Beal, the two-time All-Star for the Washington Wizards who recently turned 26. On Friday, Bam Adebayo dug up Beal’s past, while recruiting him in the process.
Hey Big Head ?? https://t.co/bcWzAwXZMd
— 13am Adebayo? (@Bam1of1) July 13, 2019
Since Beal won’t become a free agent until the summer of 2021, the Heat can only acquire him via a trade. Goran Dragic would likely have to be involved, especially because he has one year remaining on his contract at about $19.2 million.
In seven seasons in the NBA, all with the Wizards, Beal has averaged 19.8 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game while shooting 3.84 percent from three-point range. In the 2018-19 season, he posted career-high averages of 25.6 points, 5.0 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 1.5 steals and 0.7 blocked shots per game.
Other rumored star targets for the Heat include Cleveland Cavaliers big man Kevin Love and perennial All-Star Chris Paul. Paul was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder by the Houston Rockets in return for Westbrook, along with two future first-round draft picks, and it’s been rumored that the Thunder don’t intend to keep him. ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski has reported that the Heat are the favorites to land him.