- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
Report: Miami Heat Showing Interest in Power Forward Kevin Love
- Updated: July 12, 2019
Love, who turns 31 in September, is set to begin the first season of a four-year contract extension that will pay him $120 million over that time period. He signed the deal last year, but then was limited to just 22 games this past season due to injury.
While rumors of Love possibly being traded have been commonplace since he joined the Cavaliers in 2014, his new contract was expected to tamper down such speculation. However, with the Cavs currently in rebuilding mode, they might have some interest in dealing the veteran away if they’re able to acquire some young talent or future draft picks in exchange.
Dealing for Love could potentially allow the Heat to also get rid of some of their remaining burdensome contracts. Matching Love’s salary by sending away players such as James Johnson and Dion Waiters, who began his career with the Cavs, could be a consideration.
The Heat already have Jimmy Butler, with the potential addition of Love giving them an experienced veteran who can deliver a double-double in every game. One drawback with Love is his lengthy injury history, though the Heat apparently aren’t deterred by that issue.