- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat Showing Interest in Power Forward Kevin Love
- Updated: July 12, 2019
Love, who turns 31 in September, is set to begin the first season of a four-year contract extension that will pay him $120 million over that time period. He signed the deal last year, but then was limited to just 22 games this past season due to injury.
While rumors of Love possibly being traded have been commonplace since he joined the Cavaliers in 2014, his new contract was expected to tamper down such speculation. However, with the Cavs currently in rebuilding mode, they might have some interest in dealing the veteran away if they’re able to acquire some young talent or future draft picks in exchange.
Dealing for Love could potentially allow the Heat to also get rid of some of their remaining burdensome contracts. Matching Love’s salary by sending away players such as James Johnson and Dion Waiters, who began his career with the Cavs, could be a consideration.
The Heat already have Jimmy Butler, with the potential addition of Love giving them an experienced veteran who can deliver a double-double in every game. One drawback with Love is his lengthy injury history, though the Heat apparently aren’t deterred by that issue.