- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
Report: Miami Heat’s Reluctance to Include ‘Young Guys’ Led to Houston Rockets Landing Russell Westbrook
- Updated: July 12, 2019
When the Houston Rockets offered draft picks and pick swaps, that allegedly sealed the deal for the Oklahoma City Thunder to send Westbrook to Houston.
According to earlier reports, the Heat were hesitant to include Adebayo and Herro in any trade offer for the 2016-17 MVP. Both players are considered important pieces to the Heat’s future and a deal for Westbrook would have sabotaged that future since they would have had to absorb the four years and $171 million remaining on his contract.
The Thunder were also said to be interested in Winslow, although he was not necessarily considered untouchable, unlike Adebayo and Herro.
In the end, the Rockets’ offer was just too good for the Thunder to pass up. They jumped at the chance when they were given the opportunity.
With Chris Paul switching over to Oklahoma City as a result of the Westbrook trade, it remains to be seen what plans the Thunder have for the former All-Star.
Per a Thursday report, the Heat could be one team that is interested in obtaining him.