- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Report: Miami Heat’s Reluctance to Include ‘Young Guys’ Led to Houston Rockets Landing Russell Westbrook
- Updated: July 12, 2019
When the Houston Rockets offered draft picks and pick swaps, that allegedly sealed the deal for the Oklahoma City Thunder to send Westbrook to Houston.
According to earlier reports, the Heat were hesitant to include Adebayo and Herro in any trade offer for the 2016-17 MVP. Both players are considered important pieces to the Heat’s future and a deal for Westbrook would have sabotaged that future since they would have had to absorb the four years and $171 million remaining on his contract.
The Thunder were also said to be interested in Winslow, although he was not necessarily considered untouchable, unlike Adebayo and Herro.
In the end, the Rockets’ offer was just too good for the Thunder to pass up. They jumped at the chance when they were given the opportunity.
With Chris Paul switching over to Oklahoma City as a result of the Westbrook trade, it remains to be seen what plans the Thunder have for the former All-Star.
Per a Thursday report, the Heat could be one team that is interested in obtaining him.