- Miami Heat release first half of 2020-21 NBA schedule
- Bam Adebayo bestows ultimate praise on Precious Achiuwa while comparing rookie to himself
- Bam Adebayo says he wants to be remembered as top 5 big man of all time
- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
Report: Miami Heat’s Reluctance to Include ‘Young Guys’ Led to Houston Rockets Landing Russell Westbrook
- Updated: July 12, 2019
When the Houston Rockets offered draft picks and pick swaps, that allegedly sealed the deal for the Oklahoma City Thunder to send Westbrook to Houston.
According to earlier reports, the Heat were hesitant to include Adebayo and Herro in any trade offer for the 2016-17 MVP. Both players are considered important pieces to the Heat’s future and a deal for Westbrook would have sabotaged that future since they would have had to absorb the four years and $171 million remaining on his contract.
The Thunder were also said to be interested in Winslow, although he was not necessarily considered untouchable, unlike Adebayo and Herro.
In the end, the Rockets’ offer was just too good for the Thunder to pass up. They jumped at the chance when they were given the opportunity.
With Chris Paul switching over to Oklahoma City as a result of the Westbrook trade, it remains to be seen what plans the Thunder have for the former All-Star.
Per a Thursday report, the Heat could be one team that is interested in obtaining him.