- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat’s Reluctance to Include ‘Young Guys’ Led to Houston Rockets Landing Russell Westbrook
- Updated: July 12, 2019
When the Houston Rockets offered draft picks and pick swaps, that allegedly sealed the deal for the Oklahoma City Thunder to send Westbrook to Houston.
According to earlier reports, the Heat were hesitant to include Adebayo and Herro in any trade offer for the 2016-17 MVP. Both players are considered important pieces to the Heat’s future and a deal for Westbrook would have sabotaged that future since they would have had to absorb the four years and $171 million remaining on his contract.
The Thunder were also said to be interested in Winslow, although he was not necessarily considered untouchable, unlike Adebayo and Herro.
In the end, the Rockets’ offer was just too good for the Thunder to pass up. They jumped at the chance when they were given the opportunity.
With Chris Paul switching over to Oklahoma City as a result of the Westbrook trade, it remains to be seen what plans the Thunder have for the former All-Star.
Per a Thursday report, the Heat could be one team that is interested in obtaining him.