- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Bam Adebayo Joins in on Fun, Clowns Hassan Whiteside After Scrimmage
- Updated: July 23, 2019
Whiteside posted a video on Monday of a scrimmage where he was seen dominating the competition. Aside from post-up moves, the 7-foot center showcased a 3-point shooting touch that is rarely seen in his game.
That likely inspired him to add the hashtag #WeGotshooters in his caption.
Perhaps to tease his former Heat teammate, Adebayo mimicked the phrase in the post’s comments section. Whether it was meant as a playful jab or a shot at Whiteside remains to be seen. But this isn’t the first time that Whiteside has heard from members of the Heat family regarding his previous comment.
Yesterday, Heat rookie Tyler Herro captioned one of his tweets with the phrase while showing off his 3-point shooting ability during a training session.
Newly acquired Meyers Leonard is also quite the shooter himself with a career 38.5 percent 3-point shooting percentage. However, it was Leonard’s wife Elle who threw shade at Whiteside on Twitter early in July when she shared a video of herself draining several jumpers using Whiteside’s “we got shooters” phrase.
After five seasons in Miami, Whiteside was traded to the Portland Blazers almost as soon as the 2019 free agency season began.