- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
Hassan Whiteside Can’t Contain Excitement After Being Traded to Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 1, 2019
The trade will save the Heat about $4 million in cap space, but the team still has work to do in order to acquire Jimmy Butler from the Philadelphia 76ers.
Upon hearing news of the trade, Whiteside ecstatically posted to his Instagram account, exclaiming, “We got shooters!” This is likely in reference to his new Blazers teammates in point guard Damian Lillard and shooting guard C.J. McCollum.
— Heat Nation (@HeatNationCom) July 1, 2019
Whiteside had been having issues with the team, as he frequently had emotional outbursts both on and off the court. He was eventually benched in numerous fourth quarters in his final season with the Heat, and even lost his starting role in 19 games throughout the campaign.