- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Updated: January 27, 2021
The NBA is trying to curb the spread of COVID-19 by applying heavy restrictions on players when they are playing on the road.
“I don’t think locking up in a room for 24 hours just coming out to play basketball is mentally healthy,” Haslem said. “I need to go out and take a walk because there are things that can pile up that have nothing to do with the game of basketball. And you’re saying that I can’t even go take a walk? I don’t think that’s right. Even in the bubble, you can go take a walk and get some fresh air.”
Irving did succeed in gifting his jersey to Adebayo after a different game, however.
As for Haslem, he certainly has a point. While the league rightfully wants its players to be careful, it does not seem right that it should come at the expense of mental health.
Still, it is unclear what the league could do differently as it looks to find a safe and healthy way to continue to 2020-21 season.
COVID-19 has completely altered what people all over the world consider to be a normal way of living. For Haslem, it looks like he is still struggling to accept the current situation.