- Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Tyler Herro Agrees That He’ll Be NBA Rookie With ‘Most Drip’
- Goran Dragic Says Surgically Repaired Knee ‘Way Stronger’ Than Last Season
- Dwyane Wade Discusses Why He Absolutely ‘Had to Bring a Championship’ to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Seriously Interested in Owning NFL Team With Rick Ross
- Chris Bosh Eligible to Go to Hall of Fame in Same Class as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Report: NBA Will No Longer Allow ‘Ninja-Style’ Headbands Jimmy Butler Wore Last Season
- Dwyane Wade: ‘I Think L.A. Is Going to Win the Championship’
- Dwyane Wade Hints at Possible Comeback From Retirement: ‘Never Say Never’
Hassan Whiteside Points Out Dwyane Wade Love in Los Angeles
- Updated: August 25, 2019
His former teammate, Hassan Whiteside, made sure to document some of that support on social media while in Los Angeles, when he came across a fan in a No. 3 jersey.
Whiteside was Wade’s teammate for parts of four seasons with the Heat and got a glimpse of the love and respect that others outside of South Florida have for the future Hall of Famer.
On the other side, Wade was often supportive of Whiteside, despite his often inconsistent play.
Wade’s immediate future has yet to be decided, though he has multiple options to consider. However, it’s clear that he remains focused on helping the Heat off the court.
Last month, Whiteside’s tenure with the Heat ended after he was dealt to the Portland Trail Blazers.
His inconsistencies on the court make his career beyond this season a question mark, since he’s entering the final year of a four-year, $98 million deal that will be paying him more than $27 million for the 2019-20 campaign.
Having turned 30 in June, he’s not likely to receive anywhere close to a similar deal unless he delivers consistently high numbers for the Trail Blazers this season.