- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
Dwyane Wade on LeBron James Being an All-Star Captain: ‘He Better Pick Me’
- Updated: February 2, 2019
The NBA is now in its second year of a new format where two captains draft their All-Star teams instead of the traditional Eastern Conference versus Western Conference game. One of the two captains this year is Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James, who is a former Heat player and close friend of Wade’s.
After the Heat’s 118-102 loss against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday, Wade made clear who he thought James should pick in the draft.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) February 2, 2019
“He better pick me,” said Wade. “I’m not even going to play, he better pick me.”
James will have his opportunity to pick Wade with the first pick in the third round of the draft. The draft will be on Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. ET on TNT.
This is the 13th time in his 16-year NBA career that Wade has been named an All-Star. So far this season, the 37-year-old is averaging 13.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game.
Earlier on Friday, James tweeted out his approval for Wade’s selection to the All-Star team.
As for the All-Star Game itself, that will happen on Feb. 17 in Charlotte, N.C. at 8 p.m. ET. The game will be nationally televised by TNT.