- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Dwyane Wade on LeBron James Being an All-Star Captain: ‘He Better Pick Me’
- Updated: February 2, 2019
The NBA is now in its second year of a new format where two captains draft their All-Star teams instead of the traditional Eastern Conference versus Western Conference game. One of the two captains this year is Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James, who is a former Heat player and close friend of Wade’s.
After the Heat’s 118-102 loss against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday, Wade made clear who he thought James should pick in the draft.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) February 2, 2019
“He better pick me,” said Wade. “I’m not even going to play, he better pick me.”
James will have his opportunity to pick Wade with the first pick in the third round of the draft. The draft will be on Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. ET on TNT.
This is the 13th time in his 16-year NBA career that Wade has been named an All-Star. So far this season, the 37-year-old is averaging 13.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game.
Earlier on Friday, James tweeted out his approval for Wade’s selection to the All-Star team.
As for the All-Star Game itself, that will happen on Feb. 17 in Charlotte, N.C. at 8 p.m. ET. The game will be nationally televised by TNT.