- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
LeBron James Sends Big Shoutout to Dwyane Wade for All-Star Game Selection
- Updated: February 1, 2019
After news broke of Wade’s selection, his close friend, current Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James, took to Twitter to congratulate the 37-year-old.
This is the 13th All-Star selection for Wade in his 16-year NBA career. In the All-Star games that he has played in, Wade has averaged 16.5 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game.
Wade had previously said that he didn’t think that he deserved a spot on the team and that his potential roster spot should be given to others in search of their first-ever selection.
James and Wade played together on the Heat for a total of four season (2010-14), making the NBA Finals four straight times while winning two NBA championships.
The Marquette University product is averaging 13.8 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game this season in 39 games (no starts).
It will be interesting to see if James, who is one of the two captains of the All-Star Game this year, ends up selecting Wade so that the two can be on the same team together one last time before Wade retires.
The All-Star Draft is on Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. ET on TNT. As for the actual All-Star Game itself, that will be held on Feb. 17 at 8 p.m. ET and will be televised by TNT as well.