- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
LeBron James Sends Big Shoutout to Dwyane Wade for All-Star Game Selection
- Updated: February 1, 2019
After news broke of Wade’s selection, his close friend, current Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James, took to Twitter to congratulate the 37-year-old.
This is the 13th All-Star selection for Wade in his 16-year NBA career. In the All-Star games that he has played in, Wade has averaged 16.5 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game.
Wade had previously said that he didn’t think that he deserved a spot on the team and that his potential roster spot should be given to others in search of their first-ever selection.
James and Wade played together on the Heat for a total of four season (2010-14), making the NBA Finals four straight times while winning two NBA championships.
The Marquette University product is averaging 13.8 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game this season in 39 games (no starts).
It will be interesting to see if James, who is one of the two captains of the All-Star Game this year, ends up selecting Wade so that the two can be on the same team together one last time before Wade retires.
The All-Star Draft is on Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. ET on TNT. As for the actual All-Star Game itself, that will be held on Feb. 17 at 8 p.m. ET and will be televised by TNT as well.