- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
LeBron James Sends Big Shoutout to Dwyane Wade for All-Star Game Selection
- Updated: February 1, 2019
After news broke of Wade’s selection, his close friend, current Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James, took to Twitter to congratulate the 37-year-old.
This is the 13th All-Star selection for Wade in his 16-year NBA career. In the All-Star games that he has played in, Wade has averaged 16.5 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game.
Wade had previously said that he didn’t think that he deserved a spot on the team and that his potential roster spot should be given to others in search of their first-ever selection.
James and Wade played together on the Heat for a total of four season (2010-14), making the NBA Finals four straight times while winning two NBA championships.
The Marquette University product is averaging 13.8 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game this season in 39 games (no starts).
It will be interesting to see if James, who is one of the two captains of the All-Star Game this year, ends up selecting Wade so that the two can be on the same team together one last time before Wade retires.
The All-Star Draft is on Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. ET on TNT. As for the actual All-Star Game itself, that will be held on Feb. 17 at 8 p.m. ET and will be televised by TNT as well.