- Jae Crowder Says ‘It Was All Championship Talk’ for Miami Heat Prior to Shutdown
- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
Dwyane Wade Explains Story of Why He Decided to Posterize Kendrick Perkins in 2011
- Updated: May 13, 2019
In a recent interview with House of Highlights founder Omar Raja, Wade explained the motivation behind the truly memorable jam.
“The difficulty on this dunk was a little tougher,” Wade admitted to Raja. “But the cool thing about this one was, as I came out and said on Twitter recently was, Perk dunked when we played them a little while before this. I was like by the rim and he kicked his legs and and kicked me in the back of the head and everything. So I was looking at him like, ‘Alright bro.’ So when they came to Miami, I was going for him.”
It’s fascinating to learn about the motivation behind such a memorable dunk, and knowing Wade’s competitive spirit, it’s no surprise learning what the motivation actually was.
While Wade’s NBA career is a thing of the past, both he and his fans have a seemingly endless number of highlights to go back to and enjoy whenever they’re missing the glory days.