- Dion Waiters Posts Incredible Fitness Update, Sends Message to His Haters
- Report: Miami Heat Want Both of Their 1st-Round Picks Back in Any Chris Paul Deal
- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
Dwyane Wade Explains Story of Why He Decided to Posterize Kendrick Perkins in 2011
- Updated: May 13, 2019
In a recent interview with House of Highlights founder Omar Raja, Wade explained the motivation behind the truly memorable jam.
“The difficulty on this dunk was a little tougher,” Wade admitted to Raja. “But the cool thing about this one was, as I came out and said on Twitter recently was, Perk dunked when we played them a little while before this. I was like by the rim and he kicked his legs and and kicked me in the back of the head and everything. So I was looking at him like, ‘Alright bro.’ So when they came to Miami, I was going for him.”
It’s fascinating to learn about the motivation behind such a memorable dunk, and knowing Wade’s competitive spirit, it’s no surprise learning what the motivation actually was.
While Wade’s NBA career is a thing of the past, both he and his fans have a seemingly endless number of highlights to go back to and enjoy whenever they’re missing the glory days.