- Zaire Wade seen working out with former NBA shooting guard
- Jrue Holiday says Milwaukee Bucks have more talent than Miami Heat
- Report: ESPN hires Chris Bosh to make numerous studio appearances throughout NBA postseason
- Report: Miami Heat mentioned as potential landing spot for Tim Hardaway Jr.
- Report: Miami Heat issue major update about capacity for home games in 1st round of playoffs
- Video: Zaire and Dwyane Wade connect on impressive alley-oops
- Tyler Herro predicts playing against Bucks in hometown of Milwaukee will be ‘all business’
- Report: 8 Miami Heat players to miss Sunday’s game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Chris Bosh’s heartfelt reaction to being chosen for 2021 Hall of Fame class
- Kendrick Nunn’s positive update on state of his health ahead of NBA playoffs
Bam Adebayo claims he deserves DPOY consideration: ‘I float under the radar because I’m not a big name in this NBA’
- Updated: May 3, 2021
— Brendan Tobin (@Brendan_Tobin) May 3, 2021
Adebayo is in his fourth season after being selected by the Heat with the 14th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft.
He emerged last season as a player who can deliver on both ends of the court.
The offensive numbers for Adebayo this season are quite similar to those of last year, though he’s managed to increase his scoring output to a career-high 19.1 points per game.
In the area of steals, Adebayo is matching the average of 1.1 per game that he had last season. Meanwhile, he’s swatting away more than one opposing shot in every game, earning 1.1 blocks in each contest this year.
As a team, the Heat rank among the top NBA teams for fewest points allowed this season, but their inconsistency throughout the year could potentially impact Adebayo’s chances of winning the award.
Regardless of whether Adebayo’s selected, the Heat can relax knowing that they have him locked up for the near future, thanks to the deal he signed prior to the start of this season.