- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Report: NBA Announces Fines for Jimmy Butler and T.J. Warren
- Updated: January 10, 2020
In the game, both players repeatedly went at each other, with Warren ultimately being ejected from the game for aggressively clapping in Butler’s face.
Now, with the dust finally settling from the incident, the NBA has handed down sizable fines for both players.
Miami’s Jimmy Butler ($35,000) and Indiana’s TJ Warren ($25,000) have been fined for their roles in altercation on Wednesday night.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) January 10, 2020
Along with the fines, the NBA issued a detailed explanation on its decision.
The NBA’s full explanation of the fines is here … pic.twitter.com/h4bu27M6Dr
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) January 10, 2020
It’s interesting to note that while Warren was the only player ejected from the game, Butler faced the heftier fine. The NBA chalked that up to Butler’s ensuing taunt on Instagram.
Though Butler’s teammates loved the social media activity, the league clearly felt differently.
With the fines handed down, the league and both players will likely put this incident in the past.
However, it will be fascinating to see if any flare ups occur when the two teams face one another later in the season.