- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Report: NBA Announces Fines for Jimmy Butler and T.J. Warren
- Updated: January 10, 2020
In the game, both players repeatedly went at each other, with Warren ultimately being ejected from the game for aggressively clapping in Butler’s face.
Now, with the dust finally settling from the incident, the NBA has handed down sizable fines for both players.
Miami’s Jimmy Butler ($35,000) and Indiana’s TJ Warren ($25,000) have been fined for their roles in altercation on Wednesday night.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) January 10, 2020
Along with the fines, the NBA issued a detailed explanation on its decision.
The NBA’s full explanation of the fines is here … pic.twitter.com/h4bu27M6Dr
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) January 10, 2020
It’s interesting to note that while Warren was the only player ejected from the game, Butler faced the heftier fine. The NBA chalked that up to Butler’s ensuing taunt on Instagram.
Though Butler’s teammates loved the social media activity, the league clearly felt differently.
With the fines handed down, the league and both players will likely put this incident in the past.
However, it will be fascinating to see if any flare ups occur when the two teams face one another later in the season.