- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
Report: NBA Announces Fines for Jimmy Butler and T.J. Warren
- Updated: January 10, 2020
In the game, both players repeatedly went at each other, with Warren ultimately being ejected from the game for aggressively clapping in Butler’s face.
Now, with the dust finally settling from the incident, the NBA has handed down sizable fines for both players.
Miami’s Jimmy Butler ($35,000) and Indiana’s TJ Warren ($25,000) have been fined for their roles in altercation on Wednesday night.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) January 10, 2020
Along with the fines, the NBA issued a detailed explanation on its decision.
The NBA’s full explanation of the fines is here … pic.twitter.com/h4bu27M6Dr
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) January 10, 2020
It’s interesting to note that while Warren was the only player ejected from the game, Butler faced the heftier fine. The NBA chalked that up to Butler’s ensuing taunt on Instagram.
Though Butler’s teammates loved the social media activity, the league clearly felt differently.
With the fines handed down, the league and both players will likely put this incident in the past.
However, it will be fascinating to see if any flare ups occur when the two teams face one another later in the season.