- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat Release Initial Test Results From Derrick Jones Jr.’s Scary Injury
- Updated: August 14, 2020
In fact, the high-flyer had to leave the game on a stretcher. On the bright side, initial signs point to Jones being okay.
Initial signs – and we stress there are more tests to do – are positive on Derrick Jones Jr.
He is getting MRI and CT scans. He does not have any numbness, also a good initial sign.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) August 14, 2020
Jones, 23, finished the game with three points, two rebounds and two assists. He is set to have more tests and scans following the dangerous incident.
On the season, the youngster is averaging 8.6 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.0 assist per game.
The forward is a vital part of the Heat’s rotation and success. The Heat will need him going forward as they embark for the playoffs next week.
The Heat will take on the Pacers in the first round of the 2020 playoffs. They defeated the Pacers three out of four times in the season series.
While the Heat lost Friday’s game against the Pacers by a score of 109-92, they were without multiple key players.