- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
Report: Miami Heat Release Initial Test Results From Derrick Jones Jr.’s Scary Injury
- Updated: August 14, 2020
In fact, the high-flyer had to leave the game on a stretcher. On the bright side, initial signs point to Jones being okay.
Initial signs – and we stress there are more tests to do – are positive on Derrick Jones Jr.
He is getting MRI and CT scans. He does not have any numbness, also a good initial sign.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) August 14, 2020
Jones, 23, finished the game with three points, two rebounds and two assists. He is set to have more tests and scans following the dangerous incident.
On the season, the youngster is averaging 8.6 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.0 assist per game.
The forward is a vital part of the Heat’s rotation and success. The Heat will need him going forward as they embark for the playoffs next week.
The Heat will take on the Pacers in the first round of the 2020 playoffs. They defeated the Pacers three out of four times in the season series.
While the Heat lost Friday’s game against the Pacers by a score of 109-92, they were without multiple key players.