- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Leaves Game on Stretcher After Going Down With Hard Injury
- Updated: August 14, 2020
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) August 14, 2020
He was on the floor for several minutes before he was finally taken off the court by medical staff.
Heat forward Derrick Jones Jr. got caught on a screen by Pacers center Goga Bitadze & went down hard. He hasn’t gotten up in a few minutes. He’s being looked at by Miami’s medical staff, and a stretcher is being brought out to the court. Appeared to get hit in head/shoulder area.
— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) August 14, 2020
Jones has been a solid player for the Heat this year. On the season, he’s averaging 8.6 points and 4.0 rebounds per game.
The hit was certainly a scary one and is not something that basketball fans are used to seeing.
Hopefully, Jones is able to get the medical attention he needs and will be back on the court soon.
Jones had recorded three points, two rebounds, two assists and two steals before he was taken out of the game.