- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Miami Heat Provide Huge Update on Jimmy Butler’s Availability Monday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Updated: August 2, 2020
Jimmy Butler is available to play tomorrow and is expected to, barring something unforeseen in next day. His absence today was unrelated to jersey issue and he's not in any kind of trouble.
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) August 2, 2020
Butler’s absence would have been a big one for the team as he has arguably been the Heat’s best player this season. So far this season, the 30-year-old is averaging 20.3 points, 6.6 rebounds, 6.1 assists and 1.7 steals per game.
In the Heat’s first official game back during the NBA’s season restart in Orlando, Fla., Butler recorded 22 points, four rebounds, seven assists and three steals as the Heat beat the Denver Nuggets by a score of 125-105.
The Heat are currently in fourth place in the Eastern Conference with a record of 42-24.
After facing off against the Raptors on Monday, the Heat will then play against the Boston Celtics on Tuesday.