- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
Report: Jimmy Butler Excused From Miami Heat Practice, Status for Monday’s Game Unknown
- Updated: August 2, 2020
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) August 2, 2020
While the lack of any additional information doesn’t allow for a determination as to when Butler will return, the fact that he remains in the immediate vicinity offers reassurance that the absence will be short-lived.
The hope is that Butler will be available for Monday afternoon’s clash between the Heat and Toronto Raptors, which will be followed by a Tuesday contest against the Boston Celtics.
In the Heat’s first game of the resumed 2019-20 season, Butler led the Heat to a 125-105 victory over the Denver Nuggets, improving their season record to 42-24.
Butler finished the night with 22 points, seven assists, four rebounds and three steals in 30 minutes of action.