- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Report: Jimmy Butler Excused From Miami Heat Practice, Status for Monday’s Game Unknown
- Updated: August 2, 2020
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) August 2, 2020
While the lack of any additional information doesn’t allow for a determination as to when Butler will return, the fact that he remains in the immediate vicinity offers reassurance that the absence will be short-lived.
The hope is that Butler will be available for Monday afternoon’s clash between the Heat and Toronto Raptors, which will be followed by a Tuesday contest against the Boston Celtics.
In the Heat’s first game of the resumed 2019-20 season, Butler led the Heat to a 125-105 victory over the Denver Nuggets, improving their season record to 42-24.
Butler finished the night with 22 points, seven assists, four rebounds and three steals in 30 minutes of action.