- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Report: Hassan Whiteside Announces Date for His Free Agency Decision
- Updated: June 26, 2016
Hassan Whiteside has certainly made waves in the media lately regarding his current free agency situation. After reports came out that teams like the Los Angles Lakers and Golden State Warriors have shown sincere interest in the 7-footer, it became a very real scenario in the minds of Miami Heat fans that Whiteside may not be back in a Heat uniform next year.
Free agency is set to begin on July 1st, 2016, and it seems Whiteside wants to make a decision as quick as possible:
Whiteside says he hopes his situation is resolved on July 1, and that it’s an easy decision
— Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) June 26, 2016
If that’s the case, it won’t give Whiteside much time to go over his options from potential suitors. More likely than not, he is simply eager to get a deal done, especially considering it will be the first time the big man will earn anywhere close to a max contract. However, it sounds like Whiteside may run the risk of making a very big decision far too quickly if he truly hopes to have a decision on the very first day of free agency.
This news comes in addition to another sign of concern to Heat fans after Whiteside told Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press the following:
“I really don’t think it’s about loyalty, I think it’s about the best situation for myself.”
Couple that statement with Whiteside’s recent Snapchat comment where referred to himself as a “businessman that plays basketball” and you have to at least worry about his mindset a bit.
A smart business man would understand the concept of supply and demand first and foremost, and in the case of Whiteside, his skill set is in very high demand. Thus, he should not form any decision without taking the time to carefully consider the ins and outs of each option.
In any event, by July 1st, we will know whether or not Whiteside has made a decision and what the future may hold for the 27-year-old big man.