- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Golden State Warriors to Target Hassan Whiteside If Unable to Sign Durant
- Updated: June 24, 2016
The games have begun.
It fully appears as though the Miami Heat will have competition to retain center Hassan Whiteside. In addition to the Dallas Mavericks, the Golden State Warriors will target the league’s best shot-blocker if they cannot lure Kevin Durant.
Marcus Thompson of Mercury News has reported the following:
“According to sources familiar with free agent talks, the Warriors are looking at Al Horford, Joakim Noah and even Hassan Whiteside.”
While small-ball reigned during their 2015 championship run, numerous teams, including the 2016 champions Cleveland Cavaliers, have disintegrated the Warriors’ once-successful strategy. Now, the 73-win squad is looking to play bigger and add a more formidable center.
Whiteside will definitely bring a presence in the post and wreck havoc for teams that attack the rim. LeBron James broke through the Warriors defense multiple times in the Finals and successfully scored at the rim. Putting Whiteside in his way will surely affect things on the defensive side.
Apart from the money, the Warriors offer the 27-year-old something the Heat can’t: a championship-ready roster. The Heat can lure the center with championship history and expectations but the truth of the matter is the Warriors are current winners. Despite their Finals loss, the team is destined to be in championship contention for the next few years and has young superstars to backup that claim.