- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Report: Miami Heat Players Required to Weigh Themselves Every 10 Days
- Updated: January 20, 2020
It is known around the NBA that the Miami Heat take conditioning and fitness extremely seriously.
The team also makes sure to have its players measure their body fat.
The 25-year-old seemed to be content about the requirement.
“It holds us accountable,” Robinson said.
“I’m cool with it. I like it,” said Butler. “They’re actually looking out for you. Whether you want to look at it like that or not, they’re making sure that you’re healthy, that you’re at a weight that you can function at to help us win, and that your body fat needs to be down, to watch what you put into your body. I like it. I’m a fan of it. I am.”
Another offseason acquisition, center Meyers Leonard, also expressed his happiness with the requirements.
“I love it. I love it,” said Leonard. “That’s the way it’s supposed to be. Look, we’re in the greatest association in the world. We’re getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball, which is a game we love. How in the world should we not be in shape and ready to rock and roll every single day?
“Is it about you individually? Yeah. But you know what you’re doing? You’re letting your team down. You shouldn’t do that.”
The regular weighing shows that the Heat wants the conditioning of their players to never slip, something that will surely help them come playoff time.