- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
Report: Miami Heat Players Required to Weigh Themselves Every 10 Days
- Updated: January 20, 2020
It is known around the NBA that the Miami Heat take conditioning and fitness extremely seriously.
The team also makes sure to have its players measure their body fat.
The 25-year-old seemed to be content about the requirement.
“It holds us accountable,” Robinson said.
“I’m cool with it. I like it,” said Butler. “They’re actually looking out for you. Whether you want to look at it like that or not, they’re making sure that you’re healthy, that you’re at a weight that you can function at to help us win, and that your body fat needs to be down, to watch what you put into your body. I like it. I’m a fan of it. I am.”
Another offseason acquisition, center Meyers Leonard, also expressed his happiness with the requirements.
“I love it. I love it,” said Leonard. “That’s the way it’s supposed to be. Look, we’re in the greatest association in the world. We’re getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball, which is a game we love. How in the world should we not be in shape and ready to rock and roll every single day?
“Is it about you individually? Yeah. But you know what you’re doing? You’re letting your team down. You shouldn’t do that.”
The regular weighing shows that the Heat wants the conditioning of their players to never slip, something that will surely help them come playoff time.