- Video: Bam Adebayo Rocks Bradley Beal Jersey After Game vs. Washington Wizards
- Report: Erik Spoelstra Gives Optimistic Update on Jimmy Butler’s Latest Foot Injury
- Derrick Jones Jr. on Defending Bigger Players: ‘I Ain’t Got No Fear for No Man’
- Jae Crowder Unveils New Nickname for Duo of Him and Jimmy Butler
- Dion Waiters Not Worried About Fitting in With Lakers, Says He’s Always Had ‘Bond’ With LeBron James
- Dwyane Wade Shouts Out Chris Paul for Being Best Clutch Player in League
- Miami Heat News: Jae Crowder Enters NBA’s Concussion Protocol After Blow From Zion Williamson
- Miami Heat News: Duncan Robinson Breaks Single-Season NBA Record
- Report: Jimmy Butler Says Bam Adebayo ‘Best Teammate’ He’s Ever Had
- Report: Miami Heat Privately Described Bam Adebayo as ‘Anti-Hassan’ on Draft Night
Report: Miami Heat Players Required to Weigh Themselves Every 10 Days
- Updated: January 20, 2020
It is known around the NBA that the Miami Heat take conditioning and fitness extremely seriously.
The team also makes sure to have its players measure their body fat.
The 25-year-old seemed to be content about the requirement.
“It holds us accountable,” Robinson said.
“I’m cool with it. I like it,” said Butler. “They’re actually looking out for you. Whether you want to look at it like that or not, they’re making sure that you’re healthy, that you’re at a weight that you can function at to help us win, and that your body fat needs to be down, to watch what you put into your body. I like it. I’m a fan of it. I am.”
Another offseason acquisition, center Meyers Leonard, also expressed his happiness with the requirements.
“I love it. I love it,” said Leonard. “That’s the way it’s supposed to be. Look, we’re in the greatest association in the world. We’re getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball, which is a game we love. How in the world should we not be in shape and ready to rock and roll every single day?
“Is it about you individually? Yeah. But you know what you’re doing? You’re letting your team down. You shouldn’t do that.”
The regular weighing shows that the Heat wants the conditioning of their players to never slip, something that will surely help them come playoff time.