- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
- Report: Boston Celtics Upgrade Gordon Hayward’s Status Ahead of Game 3 vs. Miami Heat
- The Insane Amount of Money Miami Heat Reward Erik Spoelstra After Every Single Win
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade to Miss Second Consecutive Game with Hamstring Injury
- Updated: January 16, 2015
It would appear the Miami Heat will be without their star player due to injury. Again.
The Heat reported through their official Twitter account on Friday afternoon that their leading scorer has been ruled out for tonight’s contest versus the Sacramento Kings. The game will conclude the team’s five-game road trip before they come back home for Tuesday night’s game versus the Oklahoma City Thunder at American Airlines Arena.
By sitting Wade for the night, that will give the veteran shooting guard four more days to recover from his hamstring injury.
Erik Spoelstra was short and brief when it pertained to Wade’s hamstring status, “He’s feeling better each day. We will continue to evaluate him.
Just a day shy of turning 33 years of age, Wade missed the Heat’s 104-89 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday night. The team was in sore need of a scorer as it shot just 42 percent from the field while the bench contributed just 17 total points.
The 12-year veteran is averaging 24.6 points, 6.2 assists and 4.4 rebounds per contest on 49.5 percent shooting from the field. Wade had previously missed seven consecutive games in late November due to the same left hamstring issue.