- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade to Miss Second Consecutive Game with Hamstring Injury
- Updated: January 16, 2015
It would appear the Miami Heat will be without their star player due to injury. Again.
The Heat reported through their official Twitter account on Friday afternoon that their leading scorer has been ruled out for tonight’s contest versus the Sacramento Kings. The game will conclude the team’s five-game road trip before they come back home for Tuesday night’s game versus the Oklahoma City Thunder at American Airlines Arena.
By sitting Wade for the night, that will give the veteran shooting guard four more days to recover from his hamstring injury.
Erik Spoelstra was short and brief when it pertained to Wade’s hamstring status, “He’s feeling better each day. We will continue to evaluate him.
Just a day shy of turning 33 years of age, Wade missed the Heat’s 104-89 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday night. The team was in sore need of a scorer as it shot just 42 percent from the field while the bench contributed just 17 total points.
The 12-year veteran is averaging 24.6 points, 6.2 assists and 4.4 rebounds per contest on 49.5 percent shooting from the field. Wade had previously missed seven consecutive games in late November due to the same left hamstring issue.