- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Andre Iguodala Defends Derrick Jones Jr. Winning NBA Slam Dunk Contest Over Aaron Gordon
- Updated: February 16, 2020
The 2015 NBA Finals MVP defended Derrick Jones Jr.’s controversial win after the 2020 Slam Dunk Contest.
The right guy won…. Kenny wasn’t behind the judges table….
— andre (@andre) February 16, 2020
The 2020 Slam Dunk Contest was one for the books.
In addition to providing a ton of entertainment, the contest created a ton of controversy regarding how it concluded.
The championship round of the contest was between Jones and Orlando Magic star Aaron Gordon. However, after tying in the final round, both players went to an additional “dunk-off” round.
After Jones and Gordon each scored 50 for their opening dunk of the extra round, the Heat small forward conducted a windmill from just inside the free-throw line. The judging panel, including franchise icon Dwyane Wade, gave him a 48.
Gordon then brought out Boston Celtics 7-foot-5 center Tacko Fall. Gordon proceeded to jump over the giant and somehow completed a shaky dunk. Yet, the judges awarded him a 47, giving Jones the victory.
While most of the league is outraged Gordon didn’t win, it’s good to know Jones has the support of his teammates. Jones and Bam Adebayo are both taking home All-Star Weekend trophies back to Miami.