- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
Hassan Whiteside Says He Intends to Play Thursday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Updated: March 22, 2017
After abruptly leaving Tuesday’s contest against the Phoenix Suns due to a right hand laceration, Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside says he intends to play Thursday night when the Toronto Raptors come into town.
Whiteside, 28, left late in the fourth quarter after clipping his hand against the backboard while going for a block. Aside from the scary incident, the star center had a terrific game as he led the Heat with 23 points, 14 rebounds, three steals and two blocks in 31 minutes.
In the process, Whiteside passed Heat great Rony Seikaly with most rebounds for a single season in Heat history and also set a franchise record with his 13th consecutive double-double. The 7-foot center is quickly becoming a franchise star as he continues to write himself into the history books.
On Monday, the NBA named Whiteside the Eastern Conference Player of the Week after a stellar stretch of games to build on his already strong year. On the season, the big man is averaging career-highs in scoring and rebounding with 16.7 points and 14.2 boards, respectively, while blocking 2.1 shots a game.
The Heat take on the Raptors Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET in South Beach.