- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: March 20, 2017
The big man had a productive week, finishing second in the East in rebounding (13.7) and 11th in scoring with 20.0 points a game on an NBA-best 73 percent shooting from the field. In the Heat’s 2-1 week, Whiteside had a double-double in each game to set the franchise record for consecutive double-doubles with 12.
This is the first time the 27-year-old has received the weekly honor in his career but not the first Heat player to win the award this season. Fellow teammate Dion Waiters also got it for the first time back in January.
Whiteside, who signed a massive contract over the summer, is having a phenomenal year. The center is putting up career-highs in scoring and rebounding with 16.7 points and 14.2 boards, respectively, per game while rejecting 2.1 shots a contest.