- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: March 20, 2017
The big man had a productive week, finishing second in the East in rebounding (13.7) and 11th in scoring with 20.0 points a game on an NBA-best 73 percent shooting from the field. In the Heat’s 2-1 week, Whiteside had a double-double in each game to set the franchise record for consecutive double-doubles with 12.
This is the first time the 27-year-old has received the weekly honor in his career but not the first Heat player to win the award this season. Fellow teammate Dion Waiters also got it for the first time back in January.
Whiteside, who signed a massive contract over the summer, is having a phenomenal year. The center is putting up career-highs in scoring and rebounding with 16.7 points and 14.2 boards, respectively, per game while rejecting 2.1 shots a contest.