- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
- Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem Watch Zaire Wade and LeBron James Jr. Make Sierra Canyon Debut
- NBA Rookies Declare Tyler Herro as Best Shooter in 2019 Draft Class
- Udonis Haslem Celebrates Rick Ross’ No. 1 Album, Honored by Shout-Out on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- John Cho Hilariously Responds to Dwyane Wade After Kissing His Wife
- Tyler Johnson Seen Wearing Miami Heat Gear in Latest Workout
- Video: Tyler Herro Literally Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: March 20, 2017
The big man had a productive week, finishing second in the East in rebounding (13.7) and 11th in scoring with 20.0 points a game on an NBA-best 73 percent shooting from the field. In the Heat’s 2-1 week, Whiteside had a double-double in each game to set the franchise record for consecutive double-doubles with 12.
This is the first time the 27-year-old has received the weekly honor in his career but not the first Heat player to win the award this season. Fellow teammate Dion Waiters also got it for the first time back in January.
Whiteside, who signed a massive contract over the summer, is having a phenomenal year. The center is putting up career-highs in scoring and rebounding with 16.7 points and 14.2 boards, respectively, per game while rejecting 2.1 shots a contest.