- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow Still Ways Away From Returning to Court
- Updated: January 30, 2020
Spoelstra says no update on Winslow. Said no court work, mostly conditioning, training.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 30, 2020
Winslow has played in only one contest since Dec. 4 because of problems with his back. During that Jan. 8 contest against Indiana, he came off the bench but offered minimal contributions.
Due to the return of those back problems, Winslow has been kept out of the lineup ever since.
Originally, the diagnosis indicated that the issue was a strain, though an update noted that the injury was a bone bruise.
In the 10 games since Winslow was again sidelined, the Heat have split those contests with a 5-5 mark, though they have a 32-15 record on the year.
Prior to the back trouble, Winslow had previously been placed in concussion protocol after a hard hit during the Heat’s Nov. 5 loss at Denver.
For the season, Winslow has been limited to just 11 games, averaging 11.3 points, 6.6 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game. In those contests, the team has compiled a record of 7-4, but are hoping that Winslow gets back soon in order to bolster the team’s depth.
The Heat will next take the court on Saturday on the road against Orlando.