- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Report: Justise Winslow Suffers Setback With Injury, Out vs. Brooklyn Nets
- Updated: January 10, 2020
The Miami Heat can’t catch a break.
Just after Justise Winslow returned from a month-long absence on Wednesday, the small forward suffered an injury setback and will be out of action on Friday night against the Brooklyn Nets.
Winslow had setback with back after playing a game and is out tonight, Spoelstra just said
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) January 10, 2020
Winslow, 23, has only played in 11 games this season.
While the 6-foot-6 pro had a strong start to the year, injuries and inconsistency have derailed his 2019-20 campaign. During his return contest against the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday, Winslow went scoreless in 16 minutes off the bench.
Following Heat icon Dwyane Wade’s retirement last season, Winslow was expected to be one of the shining stars of the franchise’s next chapter. The youngster greatly benefited under Wade’s mentorship in their few seasons together.
While there is still time for Winslow to turn his season around, it is starting to feel like injuries will follow him throughout this current campaign.
The Duke University product has career averages of 9.0 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game.