- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
Report: Miami Heat Release Encouraging Update on Derrick Jones Jr. and Status for Game 1
- Updated: August 17, 2020
However, initial signs were positive after the scare, and now it is being reported that Jones Jr. participated in the Heat’s walkthrough on Monday.
Derrick Jones Jr. did Heat's walk through today, but Spoelstra non-committal about Tuesday vs. Pacers. Heat injury report comes out at 5:30 p.m.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) August 17, 2020
Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra has not announced Jones Jr.’s status for Game 1 of Miami’s first-round playoff series against the Pacers.
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas product has been a pleasant surprise for the Heat since coming to the team during the 2017-18 season.
This year, Jones Jr. is averaging 8.5 points, 3.9 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game. He has started 16 games for the Heat this year as well.
While the Heat lost to the Pacers 109-92 on Friday, they will get another crack at them in the playoffs.
The first game of the series will be on Tuesday at 4 p.m. EST from the Orlando, Fla. bubble.