- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
Report: Miami Heat Release Encouraging Update on Derrick Jones Jr. and Status for Game 1
- Updated: August 17, 2020
However, initial signs were positive after the scare, and now it is being reported that Jones Jr. participated in the Heat’s walkthrough on Monday.
Derrick Jones Jr. did Heat's walk through today, but Spoelstra non-committal about Tuesday vs. Pacers. Heat injury report comes out at 5:30 p.m.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) August 17, 2020
Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra has not announced Jones Jr.’s status for Game 1 of Miami’s first-round playoff series against the Pacers.
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas product has been a pleasant surprise for the Heat since coming to the team during the 2017-18 season.
This year, Jones Jr. is averaging 8.5 points, 3.9 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game. He has started 16 games for the Heat this year as well.
While the Heat lost to the Pacers 109-92 on Friday, they will get another crack at them in the playoffs.
The first game of the series will be on Tuesday at 4 p.m. EST from the Orlando, Fla. bubble.