- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Named Finalist for NBA’s Most Improved Player Award
- Updated: August 8, 2020
The other finalists for the award include New Orleans Pelicans forward Brandon Ingram and Dallas Mavericks small forward Luka Doncic.
— NBA (@NBA) August 8, 2020
Adebayo, 23, has seen his stats surge across the board in his third season as a pro. He is averaging career-highs in points (16.1), rebounds (10.4), assists (5.1) and blocks (1.3) per game this season.
The University of Kentucky product was also named to his first All-Star team this season.
A rising star for Miami, Adebayo has drawn praise from his teammates all season long for his improved play. In fact, superstar Jimmy Butler believes that Adebayo is not only a leader for the Heat but deserves a max contract when his current deal is up.
The Heat will need Adebayo as they attempt to make a run at an NBA title. Recently, the 23-year-old expressed that he isn’t feeling 100 percent himself physically as the Heat head into the stretch run of the 2019-20 campaign.
Adebayo and the Heat currently hold the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference. They will continue their season against the Phoenix Suns tonight at 7:30 p.m. EST.