- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
- NBA Twitter erupts after Tyler Herro’s monster Game 4 performance vs. Boston Celtics
- Bam Adebayo shares update on wrist injury suffered in Game 4, gives status for Game 5
Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Named Finalist for NBA’s Most Improved Player Award
- Updated: August 8, 2020
The other finalists for the award include New Orleans Pelicans forward Brandon Ingram and Dallas Mavericks small forward Luka Doncic.
— NBA (@NBA) August 8, 2020
Adebayo, 23, has seen his stats surge across the board in his third season as a pro. He is averaging career-highs in points (16.1), rebounds (10.4), assists (5.1) and blocks (1.3) per game this season.
The University of Kentucky product was also named to his first All-Star team this season.
A rising star for Miami, Adebayo has drawn praise from his teammates all season long for his improved play. In fact, superstar Jimmy Butler believes that Adebayo is not only a leader for the Heat but deserves a max contract when his current deal is up.
The Heat will need Adebayo as they attempt to make a run at an NBA title. Recently, the 23-year-old expressed that he isn’t feeling 100 percent himself physically as the Heat head into the stretch run of the 2019-20 campaign.
Adebayo and the Heat currently hold the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference. They will continue their season against the Phoenix Suns tonight at 7:30 p.m. EST.