- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Named Finalist for NBA’s Most Improved Player Award
- Updated: August 8, 2020
The other finalists for the award include New Orleans Pelicans forward Brandon Ingram and Dallas Mavericks small forward Luka Doncic.
— NBA (@NBA) August 8, 2020
Adebayo, 23, has seen his stats surge across the board in his third season as a pro. He is averaging career-highs in points (16.1), rebounds (10.4), assists (5.1) and blocks (1.3) per game this season.
The University of Kentucky product was also named to his first All-Star team this season.
A rising star for Miami, Adebayo has drawn praise from his teammates all season long for his improved play. In fact, superstar Jimmy Butler believes that Adebayo is not only a leader for the Heat but deserves a max contract when his current deal is up.
The Heat will need Adebayo as they attempt to make a run at an NBA title. Recently, the 23-year-old expressed that he isn’t feeling 100 percent himself physically as the Heat head into the stretch run of the 2019-20 campaign.
Adebayo and the Heat currently hold the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference. They will continue their season against the Phoenix Suns tonight at 7:30 p.m. EST.