- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo Admits He’s Not Feeling 100 Percent With Latest Update
- Updated: August 7, 2020
The 23-year-old is apparently not feeling 100 percent himself physically as the Heat head towards their final games of the 2019-20 regular season.
Bam has said he had no COVID symptoms. But in terms of returning to basketball, "Mentally I feel like I’m ready. Physically my body says otherwise sometimes."
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) August 7, 2020
Adebayo appeared in Miami’s last game against the Milwaukee Bucks, but he struggled, scoring just six points on 2-of-10 shooting.
The Heat lost to the Bucks 130-116 and are now 2.5 games behind the No. 3-seeded Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference with just four games to play.
Adebayo has been an important piece for Miami this season, averaging career-highs in points (16.1), rebounds (10.4), assists (5.1) and blocks (1.3) per game. He was also named to his first All-Star team this season.
The Heat are in danger of falling behind the No. 5-seeded Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference, as they hold just a one-game advantage.
Losing Adebayo for any period of time would be a significant blow to the Heat’s NBA title aspirations.
Miami will continue the 2019-20 campaign on Saturday, Aug. 8 as it will take on the Phoenix Suns at 7:30 p.m. EST.