- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
Report: NBA Executive Says ‘Everyone Is Looking for the Next’ Bam Adebayo in Upcoming Draft
- Updated: September 17, 2020
As a matter of fact, one NBA executive told Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com that everyone around the league is looking for the next Adebayo.
“The high ceiling name is Bam Adebayo, which is, I don’t know if he has that playmaking that Bam has, but he does have a very good basketball IQ,” Fedor reported in regards to 2020 draft prospect Onyeka Okongwu. “Everyone is looking for the next Bam.”
Adebayo, 23, was named a first-time All-Star this season.
During the Heat’s Game 1 victory over the Boston Celtics on Tuesday night, Adebayo showed the world why he is one of the best big men in the NBA. He put up 18 points, six rebounds, nine assists, two blocks and a steal in the entertaining contest.
Over the course of the 2019-20 regular season, Adebayo averaged 15.9 points, 10.2 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 1.3 blocks per game.
The third-year big can do a little bit of everything, making him of the most versatile stars in the league. The Heat selected the University of Kentucky product with the No. 14 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft.
There’s no question why everyone wants to draft the next Adebayo.