- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
Video: Bam Adebayo Obliterates Jayson Tatum’s Late-Game Dunk Attempt to Close Out Game 1
- Updated: September 15, 2020
Boston Celtics star Jayson Tatum rose to the basket to try to tie the game in overtime, but Adebayo obliterated him at the rim with an epic block.
BAM BLOCK ON TATUM TO CLOSE OUT GAME 1 pic.twitter.com/9taVNrAXjT
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) September 16, 2020
Adebayo then gathered the ball and was fouled to be sent to the free-throw line. He went on to score the final point of the game to give Miami the win, 117-114.
The contest was a Game 1 classic with huge plays made by both teams. The Heat’s starters played incredibly well.
Adebayo finished with 18 points, six rebounds, nine assists, two blocks and a steal.
Jimmy Butler finished the game with 20 points, five rounds, five assists and two steals.
Jae Crowder finished with 22 points and shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc.
Point guard Goran Dragic was the team’s top point-getter with 29 points in the contest.
With one win under their belt, the Heat are now three wins away from a berth in the NBA Finals.
If Adebayo can keep playing at this level, those three wins may come rather quickly.