- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
NBA Twitter Erupts After Bam Adebayo’s Game-Saving Block on Jayson Tatum in Game 1
- Updated: September 15, 2020
BAM BLOCK ON TATUM TO CLOSE OUT GAME 1 pic.twitter.com/9taVNrAXjT
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) September 16, 2020
It didn’t take long before current and former NBA players took to social media to react to the block with amazement and glee.
Bam Adebayo’s block on Jayson Tatum’s dunk attempt was the best defensive play I’ve seen ever in the playoffs!!!!
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) September 16, 2020
Wow . That was incredible . Timing and block with the left for the game
— CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) September 16, 2020
That probably was one of the best blocks I ever seen
— Maurice Harkless (@moe_harkless) September 16, 2020
Bam for block of the year!
— Jordan Clarkson (@JordanClarksons) September 16, 2020
Wow Bam. Sheesh. 😤😤😤
— Larry Nance Jr (@Larrydn22) September 16, 2020
big time block
— Ja Morant (@JaMorant) September 16, 2020
Bam just had the best block of the year‼️🤯
— Kev (@KevKnox) September 16, 2020
Bam with the big block
— Rudy Gay (@RudyGay) September 16, 2020
A number of former Heat stars also logged onto Twitter to join in on the party.
— Josuélito (@J_Rich1) September 16, 2020
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) September 16, 2020
Adebayo burst onto the season during the 2019-20 regular season and earned his first All-Star Game appearance. He is now becoming even more of a household name thanks to his performance in the playoffs.
Adebayo finished Game 1 with 18 points, nine assists, six rebounds, two blocks and a steal.
His second block on Tuesday night won the Heat Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
Adebayo and the Heat have to win only three more games before the third-year star is playing on the game’s biggest stage, the NBA Finals.