- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
- Erik Spoelstra vows to play Udonis Haslem before season ends: ‘I’m going to make it happen’
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler for Tuesday’s game vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Udonis Haslem balks at thought of Kevin Garnett being as ‘tough’ as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Udonis Haslem issues strong statement on Miami Heat trying to avoid ‘silly’ play-in tournament
- Jimmy Butler calls reporter ‘sorry a-s’ for asking if Miami Heat are worried about tough remainder of schedule
- Jimmy Butler admits he’s ‘praying and hoping’ that Miami Heat are going to play their best basketball at right time
- Bam Adebayo claims he deserves DPOY consideration: ‘I float under the radar because I’m not a big name in this NBA’
- Jimmy Butler gets game ball for making NBA history after Miami Heat beat Charlotte Hornets
Oddsmakers Peg Miami Heat as Favorites to Land Giannis Antetokounmpo If He Leaves Milwaukee Bucks
- Updated: September 9, 2020
Now, it appears that Miami is the favorite to land Antetokounmpo if he ends up leaving the Bucks as a free agent in the 2021 offseason.
“Per Betonline.Ag, the odds are -250 (2/5) that he will sign the supermax and +170 (17/10) that he won’t,” Forbes’ Adam Zagoria wrote.
“If he doesn’t, the Heat (3/1) and [Toronto] Raptors (4/1) are the favorites with the [New Orleans] Pelicans, [New York] Knicks and [Philadelphia] 76ers all even (5/1).”
Antetokounmpo is eligible for a supermax extension this upcoming season, but it is unknown if he plans on re-signing with the Bucks.
The reigning MVP reportedly will not request a trade from the Bucks this coming offseason.
If Antetokounmpo does demand a trade, it is unclear what the Heat would be willing to part ways with in order to try to get a deal done.
One former Western Conference executive thinks that Antetokounmpo could be on the Golden State Warriors later this year.
He is scheduled to hit unrestricted free agency following the 2020-21 season. If he does, the Heat are clearly expected to be major players in that sweepstakes.