- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Oddsmakers Peg Miami Heat as Favorites to Land Giannis Antetokounmpo If He Leaves Milwaukee Bucks
- Updated: September 9, 2020
Now, it appears that Miami is the favorite to land Antetokounmpo if he ends up leaving the Bucks as a free agent in the 2021 offseason.
“Per Betonline.Ag, the odds are -250 (2/5) that he will sign the supermax and +170 (17/10) that he won’t,” Forbes’ Adam Zagoria wrote.
“If he doesn’t, the Heat (3/1) and [Toronto] Raptors (4/1) are the favorites with the [New Orleans] Pelicans, [New York] Knicks and [Philadelphia] 76ers all even (5/1).”
Antetokounmpo is eligible for a supermax extension this upcoming season, but it is unknown if he plans on re-signing with the Bucks.
The reigning MVP reportedly will not request a trade from the Bucks this coming offseason.
If Antetokounmpo does demand a trade, it is unclear what the Heat would be willing to part ways with in order to try to get a deal done.
One former Western Conference executive thinks that Antetokounmpo could be on the Golden State Warriors later this year.
He is scheduled to hit unrestricted free agency following the 2020-21 season. If he does, the Heat are clearly expected to be major players in that sweepstakes.