- Miami Heat news: Bam Adebayo signs endorsement deal with Jordan Brand
- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
Oddsmakers Peg Miami Heat as Favorites to Land Giannis Antetokounmpo If He Leaves Milwaukee Bucks
- Updated: September 9, 2020
Now, it appears that Miami is the favorite to land Antetokounmpo if he ends up leaving the Bucks as a free agent in the 2021 offseason.
“Per Betonline.Ag, the odds are -250 (2/5) that he will sign the supermax and +170 (17/10) that he won’t,” Forbes’ Adam Zagoria wrote.
“If he doesn’t, the Heat (3/1) and [Toronto] Raptors (4/1) are the favorites with the [New Orleans] Pelicans, [New York] Knicks and [Philadelphia] 76ers all even (5/1).”
Antetokounmpo is eligible for a supermax extension this upcoming season, but it is unknown if he plans on re-signing with the Bucks.
The reigning MVP reportedly will not request a trade from the Bucks this coming offseason.
If Antetokounmpo does demand a trade, it is unclear what the Heat would be willing to part ways with in order to try to get a deal done.
One former Western Conference executive thinks that Antetokounmpo could be on the Golden State Warriors later this year.
He is scheduled to hit unrestricted free agency following the 2020-21 season. If he does, the Heat are clearly expected to be major players in that sweepstakes.