- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
- Report: Miami Heat list Jimmy Butler as questionable for game vs. Atlanta Hawks due to new injury
- Report: Houston Rockets could trade Victor Oladipo based on belief that he’ll join Miami Heat in offseason
- Donovan Mitchell compares Jimmy Butler to James Harden in crucial aspect of game: ‘He is an artist’
- Report: Jimmy Butler was chosen to be All-Star, but he refused to attend game without Bam Adebayo
- LeBron James earns huge salute from Udonis Haslem for crushing Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Report: Miami Heat ‘more than likely’ trading back in NBA draft
- Updated: November 17, 2020
The Miami Heat have the No. 20 pick in the first round of Wednesday’s 2020 NBA Draft.
However, it is becoming increasingly likely that the Heat won’t pick at that spot. Yesterday, it was reported that Miami was looking to move back in the draft in order to acquire a second-round pick.
Now, it reportedly is “more than likely” that the Heat do indeed trade back in the draft.
Sources tell @miaheatbeat that the Heat are more than likely to trade back in tomorrow's draft
— Christian Hernandez (@ICanBeYourHerro) November 17, 2020
The Heat already have a solid core in place, so trading back in the draft could help them acquire more assets this year or for future seasons.
The Heat have expressed interest in drafting a big in this year’s draft, specifically honing in on Duke University big man Vernon Carey Jr.
Since the Heat are in win-now mode, trading back could make a lot of sense if they aren’t enamored with a prospect at No. 20.