- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
- Erik Spoelstra vows to play Udonis Haslem before season ends: ‘I’m going to make it happen’
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler for Tuesday’s game vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Udonis Haslem balks at thought of Kevin Garnett being as ‘tough’ as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Udonis Haslem issues strong statement on Miami Heat trying to avoid ‘silly’ play-in tournament
- Jimmy Butler calls reporter ‘sorry a-s’ for asking if Miami Heat are worried about tough remainder of schedule
- Jimmy Butler admits he’s ‘praying and hoping’ that Miami Heat are going to play their best basketball at right time
- Bam Adebayo claims he deserves DPOY consideration: ‘I float under the radar because I’m not a big name in this NBA’
- Jimmy Butler gets game ball for making NBA history after Miami Heat beat Charlotte Hornets
Report: Miami Heat looking to swap draft picks with Eastern Conference team
- Updated: November 16, 2020
The Miami Heat reportedly have had talks about trading back in the first round of the NBA draft in order to acquire a second-round pick.
Can Report, along with @GregSylvander, The Miami Heat have had multiple conversations with an Eastern Conference team regarding trading back in the first round to acquire a 2nd Rd pick per sources.@5ReasonsSports
— Clutch NBA (@ClutchNBA5R) November 16, 2020
Miami currently holds the 20th selection in the first round of the draft.
However, it appears that the Heat don’t have their eyes completely set on anyone, as they are looking to move back in order to acquire multiple players through the draft.
Since Miami is picking in the latter third of the first round on Wednesday, it makes sense that it could move the pick in order to acquire more assets.
The Heat reportedly have expressed interest in Duke University big man Vernon Carey Jr.
It makes sense that Miami would want to draft a big, considering that Meyers Leonard may leave the team in free agency.
If Miami feels it can get Carey Jr. or another player it values later in the draft, then it is likely that it trades back to acquire more assets.