- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Report: KZ Okpala Studying Footage of Kawhi Leonard and Scottie Pippen
- Updated: July 31, 2020
In fact, according to Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald, coaches have instructed Okpala to watch film on some of the top two-way forwards in league history.
One such forward is Los Angeles Clippers superstar Kawhi Leonard.
“Okpala said Heat coaches have given him film edits of athletic two-way forwards such as Kawhi Leonard, Shawn Marion and Scottie Pippen ‘to study different things from their games that they believe I can do as well,'” Chiang wrote.
Surely, these are hard players to mirror oneself after. Nonetheless, the Heat have proven to be one of the best teams in the league when it comes to developing young talent.
It remains unclear how close Okpala will ever get to mirroring these players, but the Heat coaching staff is surely pointing him in the right direction.