- KZ Okpala Explains Why He Sees Similarities in His and Brandon Ingram’s Games
- Miami Heat Rookie Says He Was Hardcore LeBron James Fan: ‘I Followed LeBron Wherever He Went’
- Jae Crowder Sends Emphatic Message to Vince Carter After Retirement Announcement
- KZ Okpala Compares Himself to Giannis Antetokounmpo, Talks About Being Called ‘Baby Giannis’
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. Tests Positive for Coronavirus
- Former Mavs Champion Says OKC Thunder Were Harder to Overcome Than Miami Heat in 2011
- Erik Spoelstra Sings Praises for Miami Heat Two-Way Player Who Won G League MIP
- Incredible New Details of LeBron James’ ‘The Decision’ Come to Light in Upcoming Documentary
- Former Miami Heat Swingman Campaigning to Join Lakers After Avery Bradley Opts Out
- Report: Former Miami Heat Guard Tyler Johnson Agrees to Deal With Brooklyn Nets
KZ Okpala Explains Why He Sees Similarities in His and Brandon Ingram’s Games
- Updated: June 25, 2020
But he feels like his game is similar to that of a rising star in the Western Conference.
“In some ways, I think me and B.I., Brandon Ingram, some of our hesitations are similar,” said Okpala on the “Five on the Floor” podcast. “The way we attack, because he’s kinda upright, and his shifts are really quick, and I think I’ve got that.”
Okpala stands 6-foot-8 and weighs 215 pounds, giving him a long, lanky build that’s somewhat similar to Ingram’s. A second-round draft pick last year, Okpala has appeared in only five games for Miami and has scored a total of just seven points.
While at Stanford University last season, he put up 16.8 points and 5.7 rebounds a game while shooting 36.8 percent from 3-point range.
The Heat would be absolutely thrilled if Okpala develops into an Ingram clone. After spending his first three seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, the former Duke University standout is averaging 24.3 points, 6.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists this season.
For his efforts, Ingram made his first appearance in the NBA All-Star Game in February. He’s a big reason why the New Orleans Pelicans are one of the most exciting teams in the league, and why they’ll have a shot at making the playoffs once the season resumes.