- Jayson Tatum lets people know Boston Celtics are still losing series to Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics forward gushes about ‘explosive’ and ‘super talented’ Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat GM on What Stood Out About Bam Adebayo During Draft Workout That Was ‘Extraordinary’
- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
KZ Okpala Explains Why He Sees Similarities in His and Brandon Ingram’s Games
- Updated: June 25, 2020
But he feels like his game is similar to that of a rising star in the Western Conference.
“In some ways, I think me and B.I., Brandon Ingram, some of our hesitations are similar,” said Okpala on the “Five on the Floor” podcast. “The way we attack, because he’s kinda upright, and his shifts are really quick, and I think I’ve got that.”
Okpala stands 6-foot-8 and weighs 215 pounds, giving him a long, lanky build that’s somewhat similar to Ingram’s. A second-round draft pick last year, Okpala has appeared in only five games for Miami and has scored a total of just seven points.
While at Stanford University last season, he put up 16.8 points and 5.7 rebounds a game while shooting 36.8 percent from 3-point range.
The Heat would be absolutely thrilled if Okpala develops into an Ingram clone. After spending his first three seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, the former Duke University standout is averaging 24.3 points, 6.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists this season.
For his efforts, Ingram made his first appearance in the NBA All-Star Game in February. He’s a big reason why the New Orleans Pelicans are one of the most exciting teams in the league, and why they’ll have a shot at making the playoffs once the season resumes.