- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat Building Roster for ‘Giannis Antetokounmpo to Love’
- Updated: November 21, 2019
The Miami Heat may have one of the best records in the league right now, but by no means are they done building their team.
As has been true for team president Pat Riley before, he’s likely building his roster with an eye on the near future.
— Ethan J. Skolnick of @5ReasonsSports (@EthanJSkolnick) November 21, 2019
As most, if not all fans know, Giannis Antetokounmpo’s current contract expires at the end of next season, at which time he’ll become a free agent.
After blowing a 2-0 lead in last season’s Eastern Conference Finals, the Milwaukee Bucks are under some pressure to at least reach the NBA Finals, lest they lose Antetokounmpo.
If the Greek Freak does indeed choose to leave Wisconsin in the summer of 2021, Heat fans would surely love to see him take his talents to South Florida.
But in the meantime, they need to continue to not only play at or near an elite level, but win at least one playoff series.
That would show Antetokounmpo that he alone could put the team over the top.