- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
- Hassan Whiteside Expecting Boos From Miami Heat Crowd in Return Contest
- Jimmy Butler Heavily Criticizes Miami Heat’s Effort and Attitude After Loss to Orlando Magic
Report: Miami Heat Building Roster for ‘Giannis Antetokounmpo to Love’
- Updated: November 21, 2019
The Miami Heat may have one of the best records in the league right now, but by no means are they done building their team.
As has been true for team president Pat Riley before, he’s likely building his roster with an eye on the near future.
— Ethan J. Skolnick of @5ReasonsSports (@EthanJSkolnick) November 21, 2019
As most, if not all fans know, Giannis Antetokounmpo’s current contract expires at the end of next season, at which time he’ll become a free agent.
After blowing a 2-0 lead in last season’s Eastern Conference Finals, the Milwaukee Bucks are under some pressure to at least reach the NBA Finals, lest they lose Antetokounmpo.
If the Greek Freak does indeed choose to leave Wisconsin in the summer of 2021, Heat fans would surely love to see him take his talents to South Florida.
But in the meantime, they need to continue to not only play at or near an elite level, but win at least one playoff series.
That would show Antetokounmpo that he alone could put the team over the top.