- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat Building Roster for ‘Giannis Antetokounmpo to Love’
- Updated: November 21, 2019
The Miami Heat may have one of the best records in the league right now, but by no means are they done building their team.
As has been true for team president Pat Riley before, he’s likely building his roster with an eye on the near future.
— Ethan J. Skolnick of @5ReasonsSports (@EthanJSkolnick) November 21, 2019
As most, if not all fans know, Giannis Antetokounmpo’s current contract expires at the end of next season, at which time he’ll become a free agent.
After blowing a 2-0 lead in last season’s Eastern Conference Finals, the Milwaukee Bucks are under some pressure to at least reach the NBA Finals, lest they lose Antetokounmpo.
If the Greek Freak does indeed choose to leave Wisconsin in the summer of 2021, Heat fans would surely love to see him take his talents to South Florida.
But in the meantime, they need to continue to not only play at or near an elite level, but win at least one playoff series.
That would show Antetokounmpo that he alone could put the team over the top.