- Report: Miami Heat Building Roster for ‘Giannis Antetokounmpo to Love’
- Duncan Robinson Breaks Heat Record in 1st Half of Matchup vs. Cavs
- Jimmy Butler Praises ‘Smart’ Bam Adebayo, Says He Makes It Easier for Everyone on Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Clowns Kim Kardashian’s Fashion Choice via Social Media
- Advanced Stats Prove Bam Adebayo Among Best Defenders in NBA
- Dwyane Wade Celebrates Carmelo Anthony’s Debut Game via Social Media
- Jimmy Butler Calls Duncan Robinson ‘Hellified Shot-Maker’ and ‘Really, Really Smart’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He’s Been Smiling Every Day Since Landing in Miami
- Kendrick Nunn Admits He Was ‘Shocked’ by Going Undrafted in 2018 NBA Draft
- Erik Spoelstra Gives Optimistic Update on Justise Winslow’s Recent Concussion
Report: Miami Heat Building Roster for ‘Giannis Antetokounmpo to Love’
- Updated: November 21, 2019
The Miami Heat may have one of the best records in the league right now, but by no means are they done building their team.
As has been true for team president Pat Riley before, he’s likely building his roster with an eye on the near future.
— Ethan J. Skolnick of @5ReasonsSports (@EthanJSkolnick) November 21, 2019
As most, if not all fans know, Giannis Antetokounmpo’s current contract expires at the end of next season, at which time he’ll become a free agent.
After blowing a 2-0 lead in last season’s Eastern Conference Finals, the Milwaukee Bucks are under some pressure to at least reach the NBA Finals, lest they lose Antetokounmpo.
If the Greek Freak does indeed choose to leave Wisconsin in the summer of 2021, Heat fans would surely love to see him take his talents to South Florida.
But in the meantime, they need to continue to not only play at or near an elite level, but win at least one playoff series.
That would show Antetokounmpo that he alone could put the team over the top.