- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
- NBA Twitter erupts after Tyler Herro’s monster Game 4 performance vs. Boston Celtics
- Bam Adebayo shares update on wrist injury suffered in Game 4, gives status for Game 5
- Tyler Herro has incredible message for Jimmy Butler as Miami Heat prepare to advance to NBA Finals
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade responds to possibility of taking over for Pat Riley
Report: Miami Heat Building Roster for ‘Giannis Antetokounmpo to Love’
- Updated: November 21, 2019
The Miami Heat may have one of the best records in the league right now, but by no means are they done building their team.
As has been true for team president Pat Riley before, he’s likely building his roster with an eye on the near future.
— Ethan J. Skolnick of @5ReasonsSports (@EthanJSkolnick) November 21, 2019
As most, if not all fans know, Giannis Antetokounmpo’s current contract expires at the end of next season, at which time he’ll become a free agent.
After blowing a 2-0 lead in last season’s Eastern Conference Finals, the Milwaukee Bucks are under some pressure to at least reach the NBA Finals, lest they lose Antetokounmpo.
If the Greek Freak does indeed choose to leave Wisconsin in the summer of 2021, Heat fans would surely love to see him take his talents to South Florida.
But in the meantime, they need to continue to not only play at or near an elite level, but win at least one playoff series.
That would show Antetokounmpo that he alone could put the team over the top.