- Antoine Walker rips Brooklyn Nets’ decision to trade for James Harden: ‘You can’t win with his style’
- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Updated: January 25, 2021
The team has struggled in his absence, but it appears that the Heat may soon get their veteran leader back on the floor.
NBA source tells the Sun Sentinel that the expectation is Jimmy Butler will be cleared from pandemic protocol today. Then it will come down to a matter of conditioning. Heat play at Brooklyn tonight, then next play Wednesday at home against Denver.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 25, 2021
Butler hasn’t suited up since Miami’s win over the Washington Wizards on Jan. 9 He’s only played in six games thus far this season, as he missed two games early in the season with an injury.
As the report indicates, the road back to actually playing in games could be a windy one for Butler. As he’s been off the court for a couple of weeks, it will likely take some time for him to get his feet back under him.
Still, it’s great news that he’s back on his way to rejoining his teammates.
This season, Butler is averaging 15.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game.