- Report: Miami Heat Players Look Forward to Practice Because of Jimmy Butler
- Report: ‘3 Other Events’ Involving Dion Waiters Haven’t Been Reported
- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
Report: ESPN Source Convinced Miami Heat Will Land Kyrie Irving
- Updated: July 26, 2017
Ramona Shelburne joined ESPN‘s 5-on-5 panel to discuss the drama in Cleveland and seemed confident in her belief that the always savvy president of basketball operations Pat Riley and vice president Andy Elisburg will eventually succeed in getting a deal done.
“The Heat are dying for a young star, and Pat Riley and Andy Elisburg are both creative and bold enough to find a way to get this deal done,” she said. “I think the Cavs will be worse after dealing Irving, because right now there’s no real leverage for Cleveland to push for multiple picks or young players.”
If Shelburne is right, and the Heat are to succeed in securing Irving without giving up one of their marquee players in return, it could catapult them to the top of the list of teams likely to challenge the Cavs for the Eastern Conference crown this upcoming season.