- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
Report: ESPN Source Convinced Miami Heat Will Land Kyrie Irving
- Updated: July 26, 2017
Ramona Shelburne joined ESPN‘s 5-on-5 panel to discuss the drama in Cleveland and seemed confident in her belief that the always savvy president of basketball operations Pat Riley and vice president Andy Elisburg will eventually succeed in getting a deal done.
“The Heat are dying for a young star, and Pat Riley and Andy Elisburg are both creative and bold enough to find a way to get this deal done,” she said. “I think the Cavs will be worse after dealing Irving, because right now there’s no real leverage for Cleveland to push for multiple picks or young players.”
If Shelburne is right, and the Heat are to succeed in securing Irving without giving up one of their marquee players in return, it could catapult them to the top of the list of teams likely to challenge the Cavs for the Eastern Conference crown this upcoming season.