- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
Miami Heat Rumors: Kyrie Irving Names Heat as Preferred Trade Destination
- Updated: July 21, 2017
ESPN’s Brian Windhorst reported on Friday afternoon that Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving wants to be traded from the Cavs due to him wanting to be the focal point of a team.
Kyrie Irving asked the Cavs to trade him in a meeting last week, sources told ESPN. Story posting on https://t.co/b8H6X39PKb shortly
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) July 21, 2017
Teammate LeBron James was apparently “blindsided and disappointed” as other members of the Cavs have also recently found out about Irving’s request.
Now, ESPN’s Chris Haynes is reporting that one of Irving’s four preferred trade destinations is the Miami Heat.
ESPN Sources: On Kyrie Irving front, Cavs were given four preferred landing spots: New York, Miami, San Antonio, Minnesota.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 21, 2017
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, Irving’s agent has a very close relationship with Heat brass as well.
I would say the chances are that every team is in play right now. His agent has a very close relationship with the Heat. https://t.co/79vPVp4ZxH
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 21, 2017
The Heat are in desperate need of a superstar player than can take them over the top, and Irving would make a perfect fit. The question is however, who would the Heat need to give up in order to land a “whale” like Irving?