- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Dwyane Wade jokes about moment he and LeBron James knew their sons would team up in Los Angeles
- Bam Adebayo Explains Why Tyler Herro Will Quickly Adjust to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade and Bradley Beal Can’t Believe Zaire Wade’s New High School Roster
- Tobias Harris on Jimmy Butler Leaving 76ers for Heat: ‘Miami Is Gonna Love Him’
- Former NBA Player Disrespects Chris Bosh: ‘Can You Really Call Miami a Big 3’
- Renowned NBA Trainer Sends Warning to League About Dion Waiters
- Video: Bam Adebayo Hilariously Blocks Children’s Shots at Basketball Camp
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat to Be ‘Aggressive’ in Adding Another Star
- Dion Waiters Opens Up About Emotional Struggles He Faced After Gaining Weight
Miami Heat Rumors: Kyrie Irving Names Heat as Preferred Trade Destination
- Updated: July 21, 2017
ESPN’s Brian Windhorst reported on Friday afternoon that Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving wants to be traded from the Cavs due to him wanting to be the focal point of a team.
Kyrie Irving asked the Cavs to trade him in a meeting last week, sources told ESPN. Story posting on https://t.co/b8H6X39PKb shortly
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) July 21, 2017
Teammate LeBron James was apparently “blindsided and disappointed” as other members of the Cavs have also recently found out about Irving’s request.
Now, ESPN’s Chris Haynes is reporting that one of Irving’s four preferred trade destinations is the Miami Heat.
ESPN Sources: On Kyrie Irving front, Cavs were given four preferred landing spots: New York, Miami, San Antonio, Minnesota.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 21, 2017
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, Irving’s agent has a very close relationship with Heat brass as well.
I would say the chances are that every team is in play right now. His agent has a very close relationship with the Heat. https://t.co/79vPVp4ZxH
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 21, 2017
The Heat are in desperate need of a superstar player than can take them over the top, and Irving would make a perfect fit. The question is however, who would the Heat need to give up in order to land a “whale” like Irving?