- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
- Report: Miami Heat list Jimmy Butler as questionable for game vs. Atlanta Hawks due to new injury
- Report: Houston Rockets could trade Victor Oladipo based on belief that he’ll join Miami Heat in offseason
- Donovan Mitchell compares Jimmy Butler to James Harden in crucial aspect of game: ‘He is an artist’
Miami Heat Rumors: Kyrie Irving Names Heat as Preferred Trade Destination
- Updated: July 21, 2017
ESPN’s Brian Windhorst reported on Friday afternoon that Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving wants to be traded from the Cavs due to him wanting to be the focal point of a team.
Kyrie Irving asked the Cavs to trade him in a meeting last week, sources told ESPN. Story posting on https://t.co/b8H6X39PKb shortly
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) July 21, 2017
Teammate LeBron James was apparently “blindsided and disappointed” as other members of the Cavs have also recently found out about Irving’s request.
Now, ESPN’s Chris Haynes is reporting that one of Irving’s four preferred trade destinations is the Miami Heat.
ESPN Sources: On Kyrie Irving front, Cavs were given four preferred landing spots: New York, Miami, San Antonio, Minnesota.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 21, 2017
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, Irving’s agent has a very close relationship with Heat brass as well.
I would say the chances are that every team is in play right now. His agent has a very close relationship with the Heat. https://t.co/79vPVp4ZxH
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 21, 2017
The Heat are in desperate need of a superstar player than can take them over the top, and Irving would make a perfect fit. The question is however, who would the Heat need to give up in order to land a “whale” like Irving?