- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Miami Heat Rumors: Kyrie Irving Names Heat as Preferred Trade Destination
- Updated: July 21, 2017
ESPN’s Brian Windhorst reported on Friday afternoon that Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving wants to be traded from the Cavs due to him wanting to be the focal point of a team.
Kyrie Irving asked the Cavs to trade him in a meeting last week, sources told ESPN. Story posting on https://t.co/b8H6X39PKb shortly
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) July 21, 2017
Teammate LeBron James was apparently “blindsided and disappointed” as other members of the Cavs have also recently found out about Irving’s request.
Now, ESPN’s Chris Haynes is reporting that one of Irving’s four preferred trade destinations is the Miami Heat.
ESPN Sources: On Kyrie Irving front, Cavs were given four preferred landing spots: New York, Miami, San Antonio, Minnesota.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 21, 2017
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, Irving’s agent has a very close relationship with Heat brass as well.
I would say the chances are that every team is in play right now. His agent has a very close relationship with the Heat. https://t.co/79vPVp4ZxH
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 21, 2017
The Heat are in desperate need of a superstar player than can take them over the top, and Irving would make a perfect fit. The question is however, who would the Heat need to give up in order to land a “whale” like Irving?