- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Dallas Mavericks Have Emerged as ‘Frontrunners’ to Sign Hassan Whiteside
- Updated: June 30, 2016
In a surprising turn of events, it seems that the Dallas Mavericks are officially all in on making Hassan Whiteside their new big man once free agency begins. We’ve already heard reports that Whiteside has narrowed his list down to Dallas or the Miami Heat, but now it looks like Dallas is the clear-cut favorite.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, the chances of the Heat retaining the 7-footer are looking slimmer by the minute:
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) July 1, 2016
It’s unclear how Miami lost ground with Whiteside, but it certainly sounds like Dallas has the edge at the moment. Free agency does not begin until July 1st at midnight, so nothing is official yet, but all signs point to bad news for Miami. Will Miami make the extra push for Kevin Durant if they lose out on Whiteside? Time will tell, but signing both of them are still top priorities for the Heat.