- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
Report: Dallas Mavericks Have Emerged as ‘Frontrunners’ to Sign Hassan Whiteside
- Updated: June 30, 2016
In a surprising turn of events, it seems that the Dallas Mavericks are officially all in on making Hassan Whiteside their new big man once free agency begins. We’ve already heard reports that Whiteside has narrowed his list down to Dallas or the Miami Heat, but now it looks like Dallas is the clear-cut favorite.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, the chances of the Heat retaining the 7-footer are looking slimmer by the minute:
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) July 1, 2016
It’s unclear how Miami lost ground with Whiteside, but it certainly sounds like Dallas has the edge at the moment. Free agency does not begin until July 1st at midnight, so nothing is official yet, but all signs point to bad news for Miami. Will Miami make the extra push for Kevin Durant if they lose out on Whiteside? Time will tell, but signing both of them are still top priorities for the Heat.