- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
Report: Bam Adebayo ‘Will Be Inside the Loop’ of Miami Heat’s Attempt to Acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Updated: July 28, 2020
That complicates things for Adebayo’s extension as the Heat reportedly could bypass that option this offseason in order to land Antetokounmpo in the near future.
However, according to the Sun Sentinel’s Ira Winderman, Adebayo will be in the loop as the Heat approach both his extension and Antetokounpo’s free agency.
“No, no, no, that’s not what anyone is saying,” Winderman began when replying to a fan’s insinuation that the Heat would not be paying Adebayo. “While an ESPN article about the NBA’s tough economic times mentioned how putting off Bam Adebayo’s rookie-scale extension this coming offseason looms as a possibility, it was more in the context of maximizing the Heat’s buying power on the 2021 free-agency market (also known as the summer of Giannis Antetokounmpo). But that doesn’t mean if Bam wants his now that the Heat will stonewall. They cannot let it get contentious, and won’t. The advantage is that Bam and Giannis share the same agent, so Bam effectively will be inside the loop on both ends. And while Dwyane Wade stands somewhat as an outlier, the Heat have largely come through for players they have asked to wait. Still, this is an economic climate like no other in NBA history, a time when the assurance of future guaranteed salary might trump all. So if Giannis were to extend with the Bucks this offseason, then it would leave the Heat in no position not to follow up in a similar extension manner with Bam. But it is not about saving money on the immediate payroll. There are far more layers to the machinations than that.”
Essentially, the Heat and Adebayo will be in the know regarding Antetokounmpo’s plans. This could certainly Help Miami devise a strategy to land the defending MVP.
The Heat and the Bucks could meet in the NBA playoffs this season, as the NBA is set to resume later this week.