- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
Report: NBA Insider Gives Latest Update on Heat’s Chances of Landing Kyrie Irving
- Updated: August 8, 2017
That’s because Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net released a highly informative podcast on Monday to reveal who he believes has the inside track, and an outside chance to land the talented point guard. According to him, the Heat’s chances are much smaller than previously believed.
“I think the Cavs are getting traction with some of these teams, more traction than others. In other words, the Miami Heat, they had a conversation with, didn’t really get anywhere,” he said. “With teams like the Phoenix Suns, the Cavs are getting traction.”
This all may come as a surprise to several ESPN reporters, who had previously listed the Heat as the frontrunners to land Irving. Still, just as the most recent discussions between the Heat and the Cavs had reportedly fallen flat, a future discussion could render a blockbuster trade that sends Irving to South Beach.
There is no reason to despair just yet, but it’s clear that the Heat are going to need to offer more than expected if they want a chance at landing the young star.