- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Truck Sticked Chris Paul During Heat-Thunder Game
- Report: Indiana Pacers Forward T.J. Warren Dealing With Significant Injury
- Chris Bosh Reacts to Historic News of Joe Biden Selecting Kamala Harris as Running Mate
- Report: Miami Heat’s 1st Round Playoff Opponent Officially Set
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Willing to Give Up Any 2 Players for Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Damian Lillard Putting Up Monster Game Against Dallas Mavericks
- Miami Heat Release Injury Report for Wednesday’s Game vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
- Bam Adebayo Adds Fuel to Victor Oladipo Rumors After Latest Social Media Activity
- Gabrielle Union Aims Sexual Message at Dwyane Wade After Seeing Flashy TNT Appearance
- Video: Victor Oladipo Seen Being Extra Friendly With Miami Heat Players After Indiana Pacers Loss
Report: NBA Insider Gives Latest Update on Heat’s Chances of Landing Kyrie Irving
- Updated: August 8, 2017
That’s because Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net released a highly informative podcast on Monday to reveal who he believes has the inside track, and an outside chance to land the talented point guard. According to him, the Heat’s chances are much smaller than previously believed.
“I think the Cavs are getting traction with some of these teams, more traction than others. In other words, the Miami Heat, they had a conversation with, didn’t really get anywhere,” he said. “With teams like the Phoenix Suns, the Cavs are getting traction.”
This all may come as a surprise to several ESPN reporters, who had previously listed the Heat as the frontrunners to land Irving. Still, just as the most recent discussions between the Heat and the Cavs had reportedly fallen flat, a future discussion could render a blockbuster trade that sends Irving to South Beach.
There is no reason to despair just yet, but it’s clear that the Heat are going to need to offer more than expected if they want a chance at landing the young star.