- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
Report: NBA Insider Gives Latest Update on Heat’s Chances of Landing Kyrie Irving
- Updated: August 8, 2017
That’s because Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net released a highly informative podcast on Monday to reveal who he believes has the inside track, and an outside chance to land the talented point guard. According to him, the Heat’s chances are much smaller than previously believed.
“I think the Cavs are getting traction with some of these teams, more traction than others. In other words, the Miami Heat, they had a conversation with, didn’t really get anywhere,” he said. “With teams like the Phoenix Suns, the Cavs are getting traction.”
This all may come as a surprise to several ESPN reporters, who had previously listed the Heat as the frontrunners to land Irving. Still, just as the most recent discussions between the Heat and the Cavs had reportedly fallen flat, a future discussion could render a blockbuster trade that sends Irving to South Beach.
There is no reason to despair just yet, but it’s clear that the Heat are going to need to offer more than expected if they want a chance at landing the young star.