- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Report: NBA Insider Gives Latest Update on Heat’s Chances of Landing Kyrie Irving
- Updated: August 8, 2017
That’s because Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net released a highly informative podcast on Monday to reveal who he believes has the inside track, and an outside chance to land the talented point guard. According to him, the Heat’s chances are much smaller than previously believed.
“I think the Cavs are getting traction with some of these teams, more traction than others. In other words, the Miami Heat, they had a conversation with, didn’t really get anywhere,” he said. “With teams like the Phoenix Suns, the Cavs are getting traction.”
This all may come as a surprise to several ESPN reporters, who had previously listed the Heat as the frontrunners to land Irving. Still, just as the most recent discussions between the Heat and the Cavs had reportedly fallen flat, a future discussion could render a blockbuster trade that sends Irving to South Beach.
There is no reason to despair just yet, but it’s clear that the Heat are going to need to offer more than expected if they want a chance at landing the young star.