- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have Potential Hassan Whiteside Deal on Table With Cavs
- Updated: August 8, 2018
Last week, after a four-hour meeting between Pat Riley and Hassan Whiteside, it seemed the Miami Heat and the talented big man had managed to bury the rather large hatchet that had formed last season.
It also seemed likely that Whiteside would stay on the team despite previous rumors that the Heat were looking to trade him.
It now appears, however, that Whiteside could very well be on the move.
According to a recent report by All U Can Heat’s Michael Shofner, Whiteside could be the main trade piece in a deal involving one of the Heat’s Eastern Conference rivals:
“Rumors have been surfacing that the Heat may have finally found a trading partner for their big man, in the form of the defending Eastern Conference Champions, the Cleveland Cavaliers.”
He later divulged the supposed assets that would be sent to Miami in exchange for the talented, but mercurial big man:
While this deal is nothing more than a rumor at the moment, it is hard to deny that it could serve both sides well.
The Cavs would be able to take a risk on a player with star potential to help fill the void that LeBron James left when he signed with the Los Angeles Lakers back in July.
As for the Heat, they would rid themselves of Whiteside’s hefty contract and off-court distractions, while adding a cheaper big man in Thompson and a sharpshooting veteran in Korver.
Only time will tell if this rumor develops into anything more than that. Until then, it is certainly something to keep an eye on.