- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Report: Miami Heat Reluctant to Include Bam Adebayo or Tyler Herro in Russell Westbrook Trade
- Updated: July 10, 2019
“The Heat and Thunder have been discussing potential combinations of players, and those specifics remain unknown,” he wrote. “But indications are the Heat would prefer not to include Bam Adebayo or Herro. This trade would be highly appealing to the Heat if Miami can merely shed contracts of players not in its longterm plans, but it’s questionable if the Thunder would go for that.”
While it may seem that a deal without at least one of these two promising young players would be hard to come by, Jackson indicated that the Heat might currently be in the driver’s seat when it comes to naming a price for Westbrook.
“The Heat has been uncertain whether there are other Westbrook suitors; none have surfaced publicly,” wrote Jackson.
The Heat would be wise to try to hold onto both Adebayo and Herro.
Individuals both within and outside of the Heat organization believe that Adebayo is on the verge of a breakout season. As for Herro, he has dazzled at Summer League as of late, with many claiming that he has been the best player in the entire tournament thus far.
If Miami is able to acquire Westbrook and hold onto the vast majority of its young core, there is little doubt that it would be considered a serious contender in the Eastern Conference.