- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
Miami Heat Rumors: Sense That Meyers Leonard’s Tenure With Team ‘Winding Down’
- Updated: August 15, 2020
In fact, Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel recently reported that it appears as though Leonard’s time in Miami is running out.
“He entered the bubble as a presumptive starter,” he wrote. “Now there is a sense that the clock is winding down on his Heat tenure. Sometimes outside factors take a good man out of the mix.”
Prior to meaningful games getting underway inside the NBA’s bubble, it was assumed that Leonard would continue to be an important contributor in the Heat’s frontcourt.
That left Leonard on the outside looking in. He not only lost his starting spot but also his spot in the rotation.
Leonard did not play a minute of meaningful playing time in Orlando, Fla. until this past Wednesday’s game against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
His most playing time inside the bubble came against the Indiana Pacers on Friday. He finished the game with nine points and seven rebounds in 29 minutes of playing time.
The 2019-20 season is Leonard’s first in Miami. Earlier this season, reports indicated that the Heat were interested in re-signing the big man. It now seems as though he may be looking for a new NBA home come this offseason.